Dormition ot the B. V. Mary
| At the turn of the century a society, Vidrodzhennya, promoting sobriety was run by the tserkva. Its aim was to reduce the consumption of liquor in the town's taverns. Prior to W.W.II and to
the shameful expulsion of Ukrainians, the town of Ustryky Dolishni was inhabited by 2200 Jews, 1400 Ukrainians and 800 Poles.
The tserkva in Ustryky Dolishni was converted to a warehouse in 1952. In 1985, it was given for use to the Ukrainian Byzantine Catholic parish. By 1986 some restoration was already done, and services were held here on Sundays and holidays. An old cross, from 1938, commemorating 950 years of Christianity in Ukraine stands near the tserkva. One must hope that this cross will be joined by another one in 1988. The second will commemorate 1000 years of Christianity in Ukraine as well as the fortieth anniversary of the disgraceful expulsion of Ukrainians from their ancestral territories.
It should be pointed out that the Ukrainian Catholic church of Byzantine rite is not recognized by the Polish government. For this reason, the legal owner of the tserkva in Ustryky Dolishni is the Polish Roman Catholic church. They have, however, given it to be used by the Ukrainian Catholic community.