St. James the Apostle
The tserkva in Povoroznyk is the oldest in western Lemkivshchyna. Several times in its history
it was close to destruction but was successfully rebuilt. Once after a spring flood it was moved
further away from the river to higher ground. It should be pointed out that the priests in
Povoroznyk came from one family for a period of 300 years (1638-1939). This family's name was
Miys'kyj. The tserkva, that served more than 1000 faithful, is now used by the Polish Roman
Click here for a 1996 photo from another source.