Nativity of the B. V. Mary
|The tserkva is of the three room, log construction type. It is interesting to note that the builders used the octagonal shape in its construction. This shape sharply separates the three portions of the structure. Nearby is a three story bell tower. In spite of the fact that it was built later than the tserkva, in 1904, by builder Jakiv Hryb, the bell tower is in a precarious condition and requires attention to survive*. The tserkva is used as a kostel. The tserkvy in Mychnovets' and Bystre, which together constituted the Ukrainian parish, are situated on the border of the Ukrainian SSR.|
per Krycinski S. " Cerkwie w Bieszczadach", Warsaw 1995.
This parish tserkva, was built in 1863 or 1868, of wood, rehabilitated in 1924. After 1951 it is abandoned. When not taken care of, some icons were stolen from the iconostas. Since 1971 used as "John the Baptist" Roman Catholic Church. In 1983 this place of worship undergoes general repairs. In the interior one can see an iconostas from the second half of the 19th c, with the lower part missing. The Tserkva Art section of the Lancut Museum/Castle holds two icons from this tserkva (17th & 18th c.), ceremonial flag, plashchenitsa, three ceremonial figurines, "kadylo"... (all from 19th c.).
* Repairs took place in 1987, per Stanislaw Krycinski's "Cerkwie w Bieszczadach".