Patronage of the B. V. Mary


In 1581 there was one church that served the villages of Labova and Matiyeva. In 1784, this masonry tserkva was built for the use of parishioners in Labova, while the village of Matiyeva continued to use the old wooden tserkva. Last century, a valuable library was housed in the parish residence. The tserkva was decorated by the artist W. Krychewskyj in 1944. The tserkva is neither used, nor cared for, at the present time. LABOVA